Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Teenage Sherlock Holmes

Anyone who knows me moderately well knows that I love Sherlock Holmes. I’ve read all the books and seen several adaptations of TV series and films about this fantastic character. I’m always interested in seeing new portrayals of Sherlock and Watson. BBC’s new series Sherlock became an instant favorite the second I started watching the first episode. It is FABULOUS! Definitely one of the best representations of Sherlock I’ve ever seen and I can’t wait to see the second season. If you haven’t seen it, I suggest you get on Netflix as soon as you’ve finished with your blog posts and watch them all!

Due to my fascination with Sherlock Holmes my mom gave me a book called Death Cloud by Andrew Lane; it’s a new series about the teenage Sherlock Holmes. I finished the book yesterday and it was great! I was a little worried about this series because I can’t imagine Sherlock as a teenager but I really loved this book and am looking forward to the next one. I loved that Lane shows how Sherlock begins developing his deductive skills instead of already being a brilliant mastermind. It was so fun to see the beginning of habits (good or bad) that Sherlock starts picking up and to see how his interest in different subjects could have started. I really liked seeing Sherlock’s flaws too; I love that he had a natural brilliance that was underdeveloped and seeing the level of his social skills or lack thereof.





No comments: