
Anyone what to go with a yes on that one?
Anyone?
Nope! Didn't think so.
As you may not be surprised to learn the girls for the most part were very stereotypical. It seems ridiculous but I wonder, if we could really change the stereotypes in media would people still watch? Would you? I've heard countless times of girls who are die hard chick flick fans and been to parties with a group of girlfriends where the climax of the night is watching one of these films. If it were possible to change the media and get more films that are not chick flicks with women protagonists who would watch them? Sadly, in this case I think the media is catering more toward what the viewers what which means more stereotyped roles.
3 comments:
Oh, the bachelor. Haha. It's sad how crazyyyy women are portrayed in reality television.
I am dying for one of the Bachelor seasons to have an incredibly intelligent, opinionated, sophisticated, kind, non-materialistic woman as a contestant. I wonder how long she would last. :)
Ah, so true, this is so sad!
I also just read your next post, and I love the Piano Guys (especially Jon Schmidt!!)
Post a Comment