Saturday, March 31, 2012

What's better: reading a book before seeing the movie or seeing the movie before reading the book?

So I've heard tons of people who've never read Hunger Games tell me that they were now going to read the book so they could go see the movie. I wonder why people think they need to read the book first. From my perspective you could see the movie (or any movie based on a book) without reading the book and be fine. It almost seems like it'd be better to see the movie first since books are always better. It's also really interesting that when a story is presented in a different medium it can draw in people who weren't initially interested.

1 comment:

Kate Magleby said...

This is a good question. I think it depends on the book/movie. Some movies are butchered versions of the book, so reading the book first can lead to disappointment. Some movies are just as good as the book though, so I don't think it really matters in that case.