Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Photo Miracle

The internet is seriously amazing. It has magical powers that can help fix an unwise choice made by a tired college student.

Last weekend I took advantage of having class cancelled on Friday left for an unofficial spring break with my roommate. It was AWESOME! I charged my camera and freed up my memory card and we were on our way. We went Zion's and after much persuasion I agreed to hike Angel's Landing (what I had previously sworn never to do) and we made it to the top without dying! There were many other fun adventures along the way and lots of deer. We stopped by St. George where I rode my first carousel (yes, I know I was deprived as a child) and ate a ton of Mongolian BBQ.

Sunday was spent with my roommate's sister and her 5 cute kids, one of whom liked to take pictures with my camera. Now it may seem unwise to let a young child of 5 years to play with a digital camera but since he had done just fine with it in the past I saw no problem this time. When it was time to leave I picked up my camera and discovered a blank memory card.

Everything was erased.

No more pictures of Angel's Landing, carousels, deer, roasted Peeps, it was all gone!

I was devastated.

But, I am lucky to have an internet savvy roommate willing to search for a way to save my photos. Being the genies that she is she found a program online that saved almost all of my photos! It was a miracle! How amazing is that? One minute the pictures were gone and the next they were saved! I am so surprised by what you can find online these days. Thank you internet for saving my photos!

And now, for your viewing pleasure, I have a small sampling of the photos that were saved.



Me and my buddy who saved my pictures!

First carousel ride!

Peep S'mores! The best way to eat a Peep in my opinion.


My wind-tossed hair on Angel's Landing :)

View from the top of Angel's Landing

One view of Angel's Landing before you get to the top.

Weeping Rock



1 comment:

Erin Woodlief said...

This is my favorite hike ever! I think St. George is gorgeous, definitely one of my favorite places. Good choice for a spring break!