One of the best assignments I’ve ever had was to watch a film I’d never seen and write a paper on it using concepts learned in class. I decided to watch The Prestige and loved it! The revealed twist at the end was so astounding that I watched it again as soon as it was over.
There's a short scene in this movie I noticed that interested me. This is not a scene that is life changing or even a crucial to the movie; in fact most people probably don't remember the scene I'm thinking about. I always find it interesting which odd little scenes people log away into memory. The scene I'm referencing specifically is a time when Christian Bale’s character rolls his wedding ring back and forth on his fingertips. I don’t know why but for some reason my sister and I thought it was so cool. I went on to practice this skill for days until I mastered it. I have no idea why this part stuck out to me so much but it’s one habit that directly came from media.
In closing, I have a lovely clip for your enjoyment. Are you watching closely?
No comments:
Post a Comment