Monday, February 27, 2012

Are you afraid of the dark?

Have you ever seen "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" I loved that show when I was a kid although I don't know why since most of the time it freaked me out. One thing I did like about it was the idea of hanging out with a group of friends with a campfire telling stories. But, I usually ended up going to bed scared to fall asleep because of what might happen while I was unconscious. I remember a few episodes that weren't too bad that I enjoyed and they always renewed a hope that the next episode would be not be too scary.

One episode that scared me was about neighbors who turned out to be vampires and tried to suck their neighbors' blood. Ever since then I always slept with my blankets right under my chin and my hair down so that my neck wasn't exposed. I didn't want some vampire sucking my blood! For some reason I felt more protected if I my neck was covered although in retrospect that probably wouldn't deter a bloodthirsty vampire. I still to this today sleep with my blankets pulled up to my chin but not with the intent of stopping vampires. Having my blankets pulled up close always makes me feel more secure.

Yay for a personal example of direct experience with mediated dangers! I don't have too many since I avoid scary shows and movies for the most part.

1 comment:

Cassie Smith said...

Ha, I was thinking of this show in class when she asked what scary shows we've seen. It's kind of hard to believe it was a kids show. I definitely got scared watching it when I was young.