Friday, February 3, 2012

Pandora


In class today we were supposed to find a song that we felt described us. This was a hard task because no one song describes me very well. Depending on the day and what mood I’m in, the song I would pick to describe me would change drastically. I think it’s much easier to use my Pandora stations to describe me. For those of you who don’t know what Pandora is, here is a lovely summary from the website:


“Pandora is free personalized internet radio. Simply enter a favorite artist, track, comedian or genre, and Pandora will create a personalized station that plays their music and more like it. Rate songs by giving thumbs-up and thumbs-down feedback and add variety to further refine your stations, discover new music and help Pandora play only music you love.”



Pandora is awesome; I prefer listening to music on it rather than my iPod. I can get sick of the music on my iPod pretty quickly but Pandora usually has new songs or artists I’ve never heard of and gives me options for new music I want to explore or buy. My Pandora stations describe me better especially because they change over time as I change. I regularly tailor my stations to better reflect me as I rate songs and add and delete stations. If you haven’t used Pandora yet, check it out today!

4 comments:

Tae and Jay said...

I agree. I love using pandora for long car trips and just getting good variety and being exposed to new stuff...my only complaint is songs that I've been listening to on the radio that are edited aren't edited through pandora. Do you know if there is a way to get the edited versions through them?

Laura anne said...

Pandora is a recent discover for me, but YES!!! It is quickly expanding my music library. LOVE PANDORA!

Jacqueline Kiewra said...

I absolutely love pandora too! I also would rather listen to it than to music on my ipod. it's an amazing thing. :)

Chelsea said...

I like listening to Pandora too. I usually listen to movie soundtracks when I am working on homework in the library. However, Pandora can also be terrible. For example, today at work my friend was listening to Pandora, and all of a sudden, a song came on that started with a particular swear word that references your bottom, repeated over and over and over. She instantly went "AH!" and changed it. So yes, Pandora can be amazing, but it can also be a bad idea because you don't know what you'll get.